Tēnā koutou katoa
Help us understand experiences of out-of- hospital cardiac events for Māori living in rural areas
We would like to understand the experiences of Māori who live rurally and experienced an out-of-hospital cardiac event within the past five (5) years, and/or their whānau. If we can understand this better we can improve care for tūroro [patient] and whānau.
Participate in a 60 minute interview or focus group/wānanga with a researcher
either in person, over the phone or by Zoom.
We aim to answer the questions:
- What is important to tūroro and whānau following a cardiac event in the community?
- What is the impact of having to leave their kāinga [home] and their whenua [land]?
Please contact Aroha Brett on PHONE or EMAIL for more information.
027 801 2944 or email@example.com Someone from your whānau or a friend can do this for you if you want.
Other important information
- This study is part of Aroha Brett’s Master’s degree. Graham Howie, Karen Brewer & Felicity Bright are co-investigators/supervisors
- Everything you say will be made confidential and your details are confidential
- A koha ($50 petrol voucher) is provided in thanks for your time
- Approved by the Auckland University of Technology Ethics Committee on 20 April 2023, AUTEC Reference number 22/294.